We care about your privacy!
When you visit us for a treatment (and afterwards) we need to collect, use and store some of your personal information. We will ensure that we comply with the law when we handle your information. As a business we are:
- Committed to only using your information in a fair, lawful and transparent manner;
- Being clear with you about what we use your information for and only using it in a way you would reasonably expect us to;
- Only collecting the information, we need and not retaining it for longer than we need;
- Making sure your information is accurate, up to date and,
- Making sure it is kept safe.
You can rest assured that we will not share your information with anyone else unless we are legally obliged to.
We collect your information for a number of reasons (some of these may overlap) such as to:
- Determine if you are suitable for a treatment- we do this with your consent or for contractual reasons i.e. providing the treatment. Where we collect and make use of any information about your health we will ensure we have your explicit consent, or we use it for legal reasons.
- Providing and managing your account such as maintaining a record of your treatments and replying to emails from you. We do this to further the contract between us.
- To send you Benito news, special offers and treats – we will only do this with your consent. Please note that if you have given consent to marketing then you can withdraw consent at any time.
- To further our legitimate business interests such as market research and monitoring who is visiting us and how often and what treatments are requested.
- Where we are legally obliged to use your information.
Please note that we must take some information from you as we need it to enter in to a contract with you. If you do not provide it to us we may not be able to provide treatments to you.
We will collect your data via package cards, record cards and other relevant collateral used to better your experience with us. Upon collecting your details, you will be added to our secure and encrypted database.
We only collect the minimum amount of information that we need. We only keep it for as long as we need to. This will typically be 7 years after your last treatment or in the case of marketing until you tell us to stop.
As it’s your information you have certain rights:
- You can ask us to confirm that we are ‘processing’ your data. If we are, then we will provide similar information to what you find on this notice. We will also provide a copy of your information to you.
- If you think that our records are inaccurate please let us know and we will look in to it and correct it if needs be.
- You can ask us to erase your information. You may wish to do this if we no longer need it or you have withdrawn consent; where you object to our use of it; where processing is unlawful or where we are legally obliged to erase the information.
- You can restrict our processing of your information where you dispute the accuracy or where we do not have a legal ground to process; where we no longer need or where you object to us using it for our legitimate business interests.
- You can object to processing that we believe to be in our legitimate interests.
- You can ask us to stop sending you marketing material at any time.
Please note that whilst you can seek to exercise a right (with the exception of number 6) the law sometimes allows us to refuse your request completely or in part.
Generally, any request will be handled by us free of charge and dealt within a month of you making the request. If it is going to take longer we will tell you so within the first month and tell you why.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in the section below and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If you are still concerned please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Ofﬁce . They can be contacted at www.ico.org.uk.
If you have any questions about this notice please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re committed to keeping you in the loop about how and why your data is collected. We encourage you to review this notice regularly. To do this, please visit www.benitobrowbar.com/privacy notice